Bird scooters cost just $1.00 to start. Plus $0.15 a minute thereafter.
How to ride a Bird scooter
Before attempting to ride a scooter make sure that you protect yourself by wearing a helmet.
- Once you have located a scooter that you want to use simply press the unlock button on the device.
- Next, step onto the scooter, push off and then with your thumb simply push the throttle button on the right handlebar. And once the scooter gets going make sure that you place both of your feet comfortably on the scooter. When you need to brake simply squeeze the handbrake that is located on the left handlebar to slow down.
- Only ride in designated bicycle lanes on the roads. And avoid riding on pedestrian sidewalks, because doing so is not permitted.
- Once you’ve reached your destination, park the scooter out of the way of pedestrians. And by a bicycle rack if possible.
- And last, to end your ride simply press the “End” button located in the Bird Scooter app on your phone.